A seatbelt buckle cover is used to prevent undoing a seat belt. Our buckle cover meets the requirements of Australian standards and fits onto seatbelt buckles of most cars. We also stock buckle covers for Careva harnesses.
Directions for use of Buckle Cover:
1. Place sticker provided on front or rear window as required.
2. Slide the plastic Buckle Cover over the top of locking buckle as shown below, with the smaller slot sitting over the releasing button.
3. With passenger sitting in seating position, position seatbelt as required and slide into latch using the larger slot.
4. To release seatbelt simply insert a key into the small slot to release the seatbelt locking mechanism.
Hurphy Durphy Seat Belt Buckle Guard
Inquisitive children are often responsible for unfastening the seat belt buckle keeping a child restraint in place. However, adults can also accidentally do this when they are departing the vehicle. Even shopping bags placed on the back seat can cause the buckle to disengage. Once this occurs, the child restraint becomes unanchored, creating a very dangerous situation for the child. The Hurphy Durphy eliminates the risk of this happening.
- Open device, place over ‘female’ end of seat belt buckle and fold flap down.
- Feed the ‘male’ end of the seat belt through the device’s slot. Ensure the belt has engaged with the buckle by applying adequate pressure until a click is heard. Then tug the belt to ensure it is locked in position.
- Wrap the Velcro® hook and loop over both sides of the device. To remove the seat belt, simply reverse these directions.
This product is designed as a protective device and is to be used only when a passenger car seat belt is anchoring a capsule or infant seat. Do not use when seat belt is not being used to anchor capsule or infant seat. Only to be used on a booster chair when the chair has separate harness and buckle. Do not use for any purpose or manner contrary to these instructions. In use, ensure seat belt buckle is always locked.
Images shown are for illustration purposes only. Please see our disclaimer.